Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

convert week to Month

v12dbs
5 - Atom

Dear gurus,

I have a year column (with only 2017) and week column. The data doesnt have date column. However, I need to convert weeks to respective months. How should I do it in ALteryx? Moreover, 

week 5 is Jan 30 to Feb 5. So how should I convert the week number to two months?

Year     Week    Sales

2017       5          200

2017       5          100

2017       6          300

2017       9          400

Your help in this matter will be sincerely appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
danrh
13 - Pulsar

Something like this should do the trick in a Formula tool:

DateTimeFormat(DateTimeAdd(ToString([Year])+'-01-01',[Week]*7-1,'day'),'%m')

Make minor modifications as needed to make sure the weeks land where you want them to.  In the above, it puts the week in the month where the week ends.

As far as how to split between months, that depends a lot on your data and how you want it to function.  If it needs to be proportionally split (i.e. 2 days in one month means that month gets 2/7 of the week's sales) or if it needs to go to the month where the week starts/ends, etc.  If you can add some more requirements I'd be happy to take a look.

Hope it helps!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels