Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

combine sheet name with the exist column

Arwa_Albutainy2712
6 - Meteoroid

I have directory input that contain multiple excel files, each file contain multiple tabs, now I read all tabs in all files in the specified directory, but how can I combine the tab name with each row so I can now that each row come from which tab?

5 REPLIES 5
aatalai
14 - Magnetar

try a batch macro with the data input tool only bringing in sheet names, the dynamic input tool might also be able to help with this, but not sure

Amit_G_Limbasia
8 - Asteroid

Dear Arwa_Albutainy2712

Please find attached workflow please replace c:\path with your path where file is located and check your issue can be resolved or not. Please mark as resolved if you got solution

Thanks

Arwa_Albutainy2712
6 - Meteoroid

thank you for your response, but i need it to be work with directory input not single data input

Amit_G_Limbasia
8 - Asteroid

Dear Arwa_Albutainy2712,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. Regarding your inquiry about the Input tool, I'd like to explain the functionality. In the Input tool, when you use *.xlsx, it operates as a Directory tool, automatically reading all files ending with .xlsx and consolidating the data. So, instead of specifically using the Directory tool, you can utilize the Input tool with an asterisk (*) to achieve the same outcome more efficiently.

However, if you still prefer to use only the Directory tool, there is an alternative option available. You can create a macro to replicate the process, ensuring seamless functionality.

Please let me know if you need further clarification or assistance. Thank you for your understanding.

Amit_G_Limbasia
8 - Asteroid

Dear Arwa_Albutainy2712,

I hope this message finds you well.

Please find attached the workflow containing both solutions: one utilizing macros and the other without macros. You can review and compare them to determine which approach best suits your needs.

If you have any questions or require further assistance, feel free to reach out..

Labels