Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Writing CSV Troubleshooting Ideas

smoosh
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to export data in a specific CSV format and each file can be no more than 2500 records. The total number of records I am working with is just over 21,000, so instead of cutting and pasting the data into smaller files, I built a macro to manage that for me.

My issue that is that two of the files say they are being written with 2500 records, but when you actually open the files, they have no data. 

None of the data can be shared here, but hopefully the images below illustrate the problem. Is there any source of data I could see, other than the results pane, to give me any indication why it's telling me one thing, and doing something completely different?

Source data has been heavily cleaned, and saved into a YXDB file before it gets to the macro. There's nothing that I can see in the source data that looks off. 

Output directory. Note the file sizesOutput directory. Note the file sizesData file that should have 2500 recordsData file that should have 2500 recordsResults pane...Results pane...

Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
smoosh
8 - Asteroid

I will add that I 'solved' my issue by deleting the output tool, and adding a new one back into the process with the same settings.  The Alteryx equivalent of turning it off and back on again I guess. 

Amy_smart
11 - Bolide

Hi,

I would recommend selecting 'Never' on the Quote Output Field line in the output tool.

Thanks,

Amy

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels