Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Workflow gets stuck at Data Cleansing Step

Alteryxuserhere
8 - Asteroid

Hi All

I have the below workflow that has several steps in data cleansing that keep getting stuck at 76-78%, the work flow will keep on running but will never finish because it just keeps getting stuck there. The odd thing is that sometimes works and sometimes get stuck. I tried recreating all the steps, restarting Alteryx but doesnt fix the issue. Is this a bug? I've checked my data source and no changes were made and seems fine.

Can someone please advise what needs to be done?

Screenshot 1.png

4 REPLIES 4
flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @Alteryxuserhere 

1- Disabled the AMP.

2- Cache your input before run for test the DataCleansing tool.

3- Upload your screenshot for result.

Alteryxuserhere
8 - Asteroid

thanks for your reply @flying008 but I cant disable AMP becauseI have to use the SharePoint Input tool

Screenshot 1.png

apathetichell
19 - Altair

If Alteryx's product team wants to reach out to me - I can give me feedback on why the AMP tool is terrible - but let's just say that the AMP tool is often the culprit here.

Can you limit your records after your sharepoint tool and see if that effects behavior (ie limit it to 500 records --- and then keep on increasing?)... There's a small chance that this is an issue with a corrupt data cleanse tool (you'd have to replace the macro). But most likely the issue is somewhere else in your workflow and AMP is misdirecting. 

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Also - that's a lot of datacleanse tools - It's pretty rough on memory and system resources so if you can avoid it - try to.

Labels