Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Workflow failed to run via Events tab

arsh011
8 - Asteroid

I have 2 workflows , I wanted to run the2nd workflow once the first workflow ran without any error but i tried to do it using Events it gives me an error after running the first workflow which is -- Error: Designer x64: Error running Event #1: The external program "F:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxEngineCmd.exe" timed out after 30000 ms.

Can someone help me in this and I also want to schedule this.

4 REPLIES 4
gawa
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

hi @arsh011 

As of now, year 2023, we cannot run WF with run command.

Actually there was an add-in license to enable this function(called Desktop Automation), but unfortunately that product is already terminated.

You have two option:

1) Alteryx Server

2) Cloud Execution for Desktop

arsh011
8 - Asteroid

How can I do with Alteryx server? can you help on this providing some steps? and Thanks for the quick response.

gawa
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

If you already have Alteryx Server, you can utilize Server API to run WF.

https://help.alteryx.com/current/en/server/api-overview.html

For example, you can create the dedicated WF on server that executes multiple WF by Download tool to call Server API, if you could properly configure the trigger to execute 2nd WF.

nickdreach
9 - Comet

Could the second workflow just be converted to a macro that is called at the end of the first workflow?

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels