Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Workflow Schedule Errors

Mayra2291
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone,

I'm having these errors on the schedule for this workflow. It works well when I run it manually, but the schedule is not working. Does somebody have a solution for this?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Mayra2291 the key here is that it can't find the files. When a workflow is scheduled it is being executed as a "Run As User". This could be a system account or another service account. In any case, the issue is likely that this service account doesn't know what your R drive is. 

I would suggest:

1.) Try going to Options -> Advanced Options -> Workflow Dependencies and click "All UNC" on the bottom left corner of the window that pops up. This will change your R mapping to the full network path that these files live in. That way if the issue is that the service account doesn't also have an R drive mapped that this issue will be resolved. 

2.) If #1 doesn't fix your issue, my best bet is that you don't have a Run As user configured and therefore a system account is trying to access the files and it doesn't have the necessary rights. If this is the case, a Run As user will need to be set in the Alteryx System Settings.

Mayra2291
7 - Meteor

Hi @BrandonB,

Thank you so much for your response. I applied the first solution, which worked for most files. However, I'm using a wildcard in the Daily Photo input to get all the CSV files in that folder. I think that might be causing the issue. Is there a way to solve this issue?

LNGRIFL
6 - Meteoroid

@Mayra2291 , You also need to make sure the RunAs account has permission in the folders/directories to read/execute and possibly modify the files in them.

Labels