Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow Output Options

iamRandy
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have workflow created were data are being inserted to a SQL table and the output option im using is Append Existing using a date filter of pulling data from previous day only.  So when a record was updated prior to previous day the record will not update in my table.

For example: 11/30/2022 is loaded then 11/29/2022 record was updated from the front end application.  The data in my sql table will not be updated because 11/29/2022 has been inserted in its original state. make sense?

What output option should i use to refresh historical data in my sql table if any records was update in the front end application? 

Alteryx_Output_Option.png

3 REPLIES 3
PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @iamRandy,

If you click the output option dropdown, maybe you can try to Update: Insert if new option if you are trying to keep the old data.

You will need to utilize primary keys with this output option. 

If this helps, please like this post and mark it as a solution. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

iamRandy
8 - Asteroid

I did set up the output option to "Update: Insert if new" and query the data last # of days.  Is the "Update: insert if new" output option comparing each column if the data has changed? how does the "Update: Insert if new" works behind the scene?

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @iamRandy 

I believe the way it works is it will check for certain records, and if the previous data set is still the same, then it won't update.

If the data in the database is different than the data you are updating/inserting, then it will insert the data and update it.

Hope this helps.

Labels