Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Vlookup followed by formula

Gaetano_B
8 - Asteroid

Hello community,

can you please help me with the below.

I have a formula "" if [Renewal Date]=[Next Renewal Date1] THEN "Reg Date" ELSE "Smoothed" ENDIF ""

then I have a long list of unique IDs, and i want to say that all these IDs should be listed as 'Reg Date' regardless of their date. Whatever is not on the file then continue with the formula above "" if [Renewal Date]=[Next Renewal Date1] THEN "Reg Date" ELSE "Smoothed" ENDIF ""

are you able to help?

many thanks in advance,

GB

7 REPLIES 7
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Gaetano_B 

Can you provide sample input file and expected output so that it helps us out with understanding 🙂

Gaetano_B
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @atcodedog05 . Please see attached both input and expected output.

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Gaetano_B ,

Is your goal to implement your formula ? If so here is workflow attached but I'm not sure I understood what you need.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Gaetano_B 

I am still bit confused. Can you please provide explanation with an example😅

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Gaetano_B 

I think got it. There is a reference list of unique ids which first we need to look into and then apply formula for not in list.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1628159970301.png

1. Joining on caseID to find present caseid and not present caseid.

2. For present caseID output is "Regdate" or other apply the formula.

3. Union them together tot get consolidated output.

Hope this helps : )

Gaetano_B
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05 @Jean-Balteryx , apologies for the confusion, I'll try to be clearer. 

If you look at the expected output tab of the attached it shows that IF [Renewal Date]=[Next Renewal Date1]
THEN "Reg Date" ELSE "Smoothed" - however for the case ids listed on the input tab, regardless of their date, the output should always be 'Reg Date'. 

I hope it makes more sense. My aim is to get as output the 'Reg Date Vs Smoothed' column of the expected output tab. 

Thanks, 

GB

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Gaetano_B 

Does my above workflow meet the requirement?

Labels