Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using the Command tool with an Analytic App

cpearse
6 - Meteoroid

I am working with the Command tool in Alteryx to copy over specific invoices to a new folder. When running this workflow manually, the workflow works successfully. When trying to run as an app, I am given the following error message:

cpearse_0-1634131877764.png

Being that I am trying to run it as an app, I have added an output tool, but am still having the error message above. Can anyone please assist with this workflow?

3 REPLIES 3
drew9
9 - Comet

Hi @cpearse . Remove the Radio Button from your App. It is selected by default and disabling the "Moving Files" container. I also don't see any need for you to include this button.

cpearse
6 - Meteoroid

This is there because I am eventually going to add additional containers to this canvas and want the option to be able to select specific workflows I want to run.

drew9
9 - Comet

The Radio button would be fine but as of now it is disabling the container that holds your one and only workflow. As you add more containers/workflows to your app, you can test to see which container is being disabled by using the interface designer and going into debug mode. This is how I found the issue with your App. Hope this helps.

Labels