Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Using date column in Dynamic Input

Hi guys!

I am rather new to Alteryx so still learning what is possible and what is not possible. I need help with the dynamic input tool!

I have used it to replace string in a SQL query and the replacement field columns have been either String or Int. This has worked with no issues.

However, I am now trying to replace dates and getting all sorts of problems. The field columns I am using as inputs are dates, and the SQL query that needs to be replaced are the dates below:

and trunc(r.CREATED_DATE) >= ?
and trunc(r.CREATED_DATE) < ?

When I try to run the workflow I am getting all sorts of errors no matter how I try to modify the SQL query. 

I've tried Replace a Specific String and SQL: Update Where Clause and don't know where I am going wrong.

Has anyone ever used date fields successfully when modifying an SQL query in a Dynamic Input?

I have attached photos for reference. 

1 REPLY 1
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@stephanie_farrugia 
If I understand your intention correctly.

We have been using Drop Down tool to modify the SQL query in the Input Tool.

In your case, you want to have a Text Input or sort of, I just made a quick sample for that purpose.

0711-stephanie_farrugia.png

Labels