Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Sum values from all sheets in an excel workbook that has the same template on each sheet

jportello
7 - Meteor

Hello, 

I have attached an example file for context. I will have a large excel file that has about 30 tabs in it (each tab representing a company) and I would like alteryx to make a sheet at the front of the file that consolidates all of the information in the tabs. 

Let me know if that makes sense or if additional information is needed. I put an example tab called "ALTERYX SUM" showing how an example calculation on one cell how it adds up the three 10s (from the other tabs) to equal 30 on the consolidated tab. 

Thank you!!

1 REPLY 1
DanielG
12 - Quasar

@jportello 

Can I ask why you wouldn't just do that with Excel?  How variable are the 30 tab names?  Are they always the same tab names?  If it is an otherwise static file, my recommendation would be to just do it in Excel versus adding additional complexity by bringing data into Alteryx and spitting data out of Alteryx.

Labels