Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Use dynamic header in the formula tool

Paddi
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I have just figured out how to create a dynamic header, but I need to further do some calculation. Do you have any idea about how can I use data under dynamic header for calculation?

The value of Change by product weekly should be [20221122_Grand Total]- [20221115_Grand Total], but the date in the header changes every week.

I tried to write the formula in this way: [DateTimeformat(DatetimeAdd(ToDate(DatetimeNow()),-3,"days"), '%Y%m%d')+'_'+'Grand total']-[DateTimeformat(DatetimeAdd(ToDate(DatetimeNow()),-10,"days"), '%Y%m%d')+'_'+'Grand total'], but it does not work.

Can you kindly help me with it. The situation has been attached. Thank you so much.

In excel calculation, it should be quite simple.

Paddi_0-1669358182781.png

In Alteryx, the header can be dynamic using this expression.

Paddi_1-1669358278892.png

12 REPLIES 12
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @Paddi 

Please find the expected output,

ShankerV_0-1669361303058.png

Many thanks

Shanker V

ShankerV
17 - Castor

@Paddi 

Use the below formula,

datetimeformat(dateadd(datetimenow(),-10,"days"),'%Y-%m-%d')+'_'+'Grand total'

ShankerV_0-1669361438468.png

Kindly accept this solution if it provided a solution to your question.

Many thanks

Shanker V

Paddi
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ShankerV , thank you for your solution. But I have already figured out how to make the header dynamic. I'm struggling with the next step. Do [20221122_Grand total] minus [20221115_Grand total] by Using the formula tool. And the date info in the header changes dynamically every week. Do you know what to do with this? Thank you.

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@Paddi One way of doing this with the help of dynamic select tool

binuacs_0-1669362493529.png

binuacs_1-1669362547688.png

Paddi
8 - Asteroid

hihi @binuacs Really appreciate your help, but I cannot open the file you uploaded since it is in a .yxzp format, can you re-upload a .yxzb version? Thank you so much.

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@Paddi uploaded the workflow. The input file I used as an excel file

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Paddi 

Here's one way of doing it:

OllieClarke_0-1669370806938.png

using the dynamic rename tool, we can rename based on formula, so we can dynamically rename the relevant columns to first and second.

OllieClarke_1-1669370856503.png

Then we can simply write our normal formula and reverse the change.

I don't think @binuacs's solution will work here, as the names of the columns are referenced in the formula tool, and they will change...

Hope that helps,

Ollie

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@OllieClarke @Paddi mentioned in his question that he was able to figure out how to create the dynamic header and was looking for the dynamic calculation, that's why I only include the dynamic calculation in the workflow 

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@binuacs right, but your calculation isn't dynamic. When the workflow is run tomorrow, 2 new fields will be brought through your select tool, neither of which are referenced in your formula tool. So it will error and not produce the expected output...

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels