Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Use dynamic header in the formula tool

Paddi
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I have just figured out how to create a dynamic header, but I need to further do some calculation. Do you have any idea about how can I use data under dynamic header for calculation?

The value of Change by product weekly should be [20221122_Grand Total]- [20221115_Grand Total], but the date in the header changes every week.

I tried to write the formula in this way: [DateTimeformat(DatetimeAdd(ToDate(DatetimeNow()),-3,"days"), '%Y%m%d')+'_'+'Grand total']-[DateTimeformat(DatetimeAdd(ToDate(DatetimeNow()),-10,"days"), '%Y%m%d')+'_'+'Grand total'], but it does not work.

Can you kindly help me with it. The situation has been attached. Thank you so much.

In excel calculation, it should be quite simple.

Paddi_0-1669358182781.png

In Alteryx, the header can be dynamic using this expression.

Paddi_1-1669358278892.png

12 REPLIES 12
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @Paddi 

Please find the expected output,

ShankerV_0-1669361303058.png

Many thanks

Shanker V

ShankerV
17 - Castor

@Paddi 

Use the below formula,

datetimeformat(dateadd(datetimenow(),-10,"days"),'%Y-%m-%d')+'_'+'Grand total'

ShankerV_0-1669361438468.png

Kindly accept this solution if it provided a solution to your question.

Many thanks

Shanker V

Paddi
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ShankerV , thank you for your solution. But I have already figured out how to make the header dynamic. I'm struggling with the next step. Do [20221122_Grand total] minus [20221115_Grand total] by Using the formula tool. And the date info in the header changes dynamically every week. Do you know what to do with this? Thank you.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Paddi One way of doing this with the help of dynamic select tool

binuacs_0-1669362493529.png

binuacs_1-1669362547688.png

Paddi
8 - Asteroid

hihi @binuacs Really appreciate your help, but I cannot open the file you uploaded since it is in a .yxzp format, can you re-upload a .yxzb version? Thank you so much.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Paddi uploaded the workflow. The input file I used as an excel file

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Paddi 

Here's one way of doing it:

OllieClarke_0-1669370806938.png

using the dynamic rename tool, we can rename based on formula, so we can dynamically rename the relevant columns to first and second.

OllieClarke_1-1669370856503.png

Then we can simply write our normal formula and reverse the change.

I don't think @binuacs's solution will work here, as the names of the columns are referenced in the formula tool, and they will change...

Hope that helps,

Ollie

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@OllieClarke @Paddi mentioned in his question that he was able to figure out how to create the dynamic header and was looking for the dynamic calculation, that's why I only include the dynamic calculation in the workflow 

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@binuacs right, but your calculation isn't dynamic. When the workflow is run tomorrow, 2 new fields will be brought through your select tool, neither of which are referenced in your formula tool. So it will error and not produce the expected output...

Labels