Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Updating specifics cells in excel

lumjingbki
8 - Asteroid

Hi I have a template dashboard as shown below. I have a workflow to collect the sales amount from various sources and  I want to update the existing sales excel file. when I run the workflow in the output is it possible to update the  "Sales" column C5,C10 and C11. I have tried using the range option but not able to do it as the template has some hidden rows. help is greatly appreciated. 

lumjingbki_0-1681888999908.png

3 REPLIES 3
lumjingbki
8 - Asteroid

Thank you Yoshiro_Fujimori !

I tried and it is working for input in Range C19-C21 and also a single cell C5. I have many single cell like C5 to update. I am thinking if we need to have multiple input files to update those single cells. I have about 20 single cells to be updated as the excel templet file has some hidden rows. I have spend some time but not able to conclude on the solution to update multiple single cells. Any inputs will be of great help.

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @lumjingbki ,

If I can tweak your Excel template, I would add a sheet to store all the values to set in the template.

[Template] Sheet

Yoshiro_Fujimori_2-1681981149435.png

[Data] Sheet

Yoshiro_Fujimori_3-1681981173407.png

Once you have this setting, all you should do is to set the data for each "Single Cell" on to [Data] Sheet in the same way on the blog post.

Then it does not matter if the cell is hidden or shown.

I hope it helps.

Labels