Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unhandled Exception adding SQL to Input Tool

TC53
5 - Atom

Hello.

I am having problems with a Windows 10 installation of Alteryx Designer.

I have a workflow that runs perfectly well on a Windows 7 machine but not on Windows 10.

The problem appears to be with the Input Tool.

I have a reasonably long piece of SQL code which has never caused issues before, but whenever I put it into the windows 10 system I get an unhandled exception error.

If I randomly cut out about half of the code it stops giving the error, but I obviously can't do that as the SQL would make no sense.

I have found an error log which has the following:

Alteryx Designer x64 - 11.7.4.37815
Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException
Source: System.Drawing
OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
OS Is x64 Capable: True
Selected Plugin: AlteryxBasePluginsGui.BrowseV2.BrowseV2
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600 CPU @ 3.50GHz
Private Memory: 295415808
--------------------------------------------
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.MeasureString(String text, Font font, SizeF layoutArea, StringFormat stringFormat)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridStaticCellModel.OnQueryPrefferedClientSize(Graphics g, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, GridStyleInfo style, GridQueryBounds queryBounds)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCellModelBase.CalculatePreferredCellSize(Graphics g, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, GridStyleInfo style, GridQueryBounds queryBounds)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelColWidthsIndexer.ResizeToFit(GridRangeInfo range, GridResizeToFitOptions options)
   at AlteryxGuiToolkit.OutputWindow.OutputWindowV3.GridControl1_Resize(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnResize(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmWindowPosChanged(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.WndProc(Message& msg)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.WndProc(Message& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Is there some limit imposed somewhere on the length of code and how do I get round this please.

My DB connection is 32bit Oracle OCI

Alteryx version 11.7.4.37815 on both machines

Thank you...

2 REPLIES 2
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

I would submit this to Alteryx Support so it can be investigated as a bug.

TC53
5 - Atom

There is a workaround that I am currently using, and that is to NOT use a database alias at present. Instead I just use a 32bit OCI connection and that seems to be working.

Thank you...

Labels