Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Understanding Seats

agubbay
5 - Atom

Hi,

I have tried reviewing all the discussions in the community but still don't have a clear picture on how Designer Licenses work and if you have have a single license and a number of seats (i.e. be able to share the license between a few users).

We are looking including Alteryx within our business (finance team) and have identified circa 10-14 staff that we think would be using Alteryx at least a few hours a week. Trying to justify an individual license cost for the amount of usage they would get per month would be quite tough, but was then told that you could have multiple 'seats' on a Designer license, which would enable the one license essentially to be shared among a few staff members (2-3) as long as they weren't using it at the same time.

Is this understanding accurate, or is there something I am missing?

Appreciate the help!

Cheers.

2 REPLIES 2
Prometheus
12 - Quasar
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @agubbay ,

a "seat" is a user licence. The reason they put seats on a licence is simply because administration is easier. All licences will be on the same licence code and will expire at the same time.

Each seat is effectively a licence for each user. So, if you want five users to have Alteryx you will get one licence key with five seats. You pay for each seat.

I hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

Labels