Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Ultimate Input DataFlow Errors

Bobbins
8 - Asteroid

Good Day All,

I have a  bunch of old XLS files that i am trying to import. For the most part, I can import them but a few, because of certain columns changing from say the number "8888888" to just "1" wont import as the schema does not match.

So everything points me to the "Ultimate Input Data Flow" which can be found here however, when i try and run it, it gives the following error:

Error: Batch Correct (4): Record #1: Tool #1: No table chosen; Please select a Table from data source.

I am not sure why, inside the batch macro the input data has been changed to match my file not the downloaded version.

Screenshots of the update value and input data below (long path blanked out)

Bobbins_0-1678108551478.png

What am i doing wrong? Many thanks

J

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Bobbins Are you passing the full path to this batch macro? 

Bobbins
8 - Asteroid

Yes.

Choose field is selected as "Full Path (V_WString)"

If i tick the "replace a specific string" on the macro tool and add "[FullPath]+ '|||Sheet1$A1:K20000'" it will run, but every line of data is the same just repeated probably for the all the files i have in the folder

Updated, have added a formula tool in the main workflow to add the above to the full path and see if that makes a difference

Bobbins
8 - Asteroid

So, it appears that the original macro needs a modification, you need to capture the sheet in the full path as seen below

Bobbins_0-1678110290656.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Bobbins Can you update the full path outside the macro using a formula tool and pass that updated full path to the macro?

Labels