Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Tool for word similarity [please help]

rively90
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way for me to match a word to the correct one

For example:

Messy Field: New Yarkk

Correct One: New York

Messy Field: New York!@#!@

Correct One: New York

In my case,

the messy field is in file: Route Arrival only

the correct field is in file:"worldcitypop"

And there are other more cases not mentioned in the examples above.

Please send the alteryx workflow. I've stuck for almost a week. Someone please help :(. Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@rively90, I must ask: what steps have been performed so far to cleanse the data? Can you provide the workflow of where you are at so the community can assist in troubleshooting?

As a general recommendation, you must start with serious data cleansing then move in to the Fuzzy Match or Find and Replace logic you are needing to do. You have airport codes mixed in with city names within the Route Arrival Only file. you also have special characters within your worldcitiespop CSV file which are going to ultimately break an Append/Fuzzy Match setup. There is also a number of instances where you have "To _" followed by the city name (e.g. "To West Palm Beach", "To Bogota", etc. You also have duplicate City names within your second file. In both cases, there isn't much of an explanation on what you want done with these duplicates, if found.  Once the data cleansing stage is done, I think we can talk about blending data for you to produce some level of reporting based on these air lanes.

Consolidating traffic from various threads:
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Who-is-good-at-Fuzzy-Matching-...

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels