Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Tabulating to get the number of columns equal to the max distinct # of values in a column

Annoushka
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

I'm trying to create a set of columns (Procedure Name 1, Procedure Name 2, Procedure Name 3 etc), which number is the maximum number of the distinct values of a field. The thing is I don't want to use a Cross Tab where I have to select a field for new columns names, I just need to move all Procedures for one Schedule from one field to the several separate. The only way I created so far is to use a uniques field. But this option will not work when I have a bigger number of non-unique values. 
I would appreciate any ideas. 
Screenshot 2020-12-11 124311.png

7 REPLIES 7
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Annoushka 

Can you provide us a sample data.

Annoushka
7 - Meteor

Sorry, I attached the workflow to my post. There is just a short text input to get the idea of the data I work with 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Annoushka 

I dont know whether you have tried this approach. Its dynamic do give it a look.

atcodedog05_0-1607691838970.png

Hope this helps 🙂 Feel to ask if you have any questions

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Annoushka 
Similar to @atcodedog05 , but not same. One more tool though...

Capture221.PNG

Annoushka
7 - Meteor

Thanks a lot @atcodedog05 and @Qiu! Both decisions are cool! Exactly what I needed 🙂  

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help 🙂 @Annoushka 

Cheers and Happy Analyzing 😀

Feel free to reach out if you face any issues 🙂

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Annoushka 
If you find it useful, appreciate you would mark as accept as well.😁

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels