Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Summary Report

matula23
7 - Meteor

Hello Everyone! I'm trying out the reporting functionality in Alteryx and I wanted to see if anyone knows a better way to go about what I'm doing. I'm creating a summary report that highlights the change in record count throughout my process, so users can easily see how we got from point A to point B. I'm currently using the Sum tool throughout the workflow to get the record count at a certain point and then appending them all together and spitting them out on a report.

I have 2 questions:

1) Is there an easy way to join data together that have no columns in common while maintaining everything on one row? All of my data points that I'm joining will only have 1 value and 1 column. My current workflow looks like this and I hate having to use so many append tools because I want to join even more data points together and its going to get messy quickly:

2024-06-10 08_31_25-Alteryx Designer x64 - _New Workflow1.yxmd.png

I tried using a multi join tool, but since there are no columns in common each individual data set ends up on its own row like so:

2024-06-10 08_38_04-Alteryx Designer x64 - _New Workflow1.yxmd.png

2) Are there any templates out there for summarized reports? I'm terrible at formatting and making things look "pretty". My current report is just using some text with basic variable inputs. I'm planning on adding a company logo and maybe changing fonts, but wanted to see if anyone knew of any cool templates out there that I can take a look at:

2024-06-10 08_44_02-Alteryx Designer x64 - _New Workflow1.yxmd.png

6 REPLIES 6
Bren_Spill
12 - Quasar

@matula23 - 1) Put a record ID tool after all the Summarize tools and you can join on that using join multiple as all will be 1

matula23
7 - Meteor

That is a great solution! Thank you!

Bren_Spill
12 - Quasar

2) Not sure about a template, but the Report Text tool makes sense for what you're doing as your results will dynamically update.

Bren_Spill
12 - Quasar

@matula23 - no problem! If it's helpful, please mark as solution!

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Bren_Spill 

In your Join Multiple tool, Join by Record Position.  This will put all your columns in one row.

Dan

matula23
7 - Meteor

Ahhhhh even better! Thank you!

Labels