Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Summarize at different levels

jay_viz
7 - Meteor

I am trying to get % weight of a measure at different levels.

Dataset I am dealing with is county within each state and their revenue across different months. I have managed to get % weight for each county within the State regardless of the month. I am also trying to get %weight for each county for each month.. e.g. if NYC1 country has 400 in Jan & 600 in Feb then I am trying to get 40% and 60%.

I am not aware of a method how can I have 2 levels of summary like this which will finally give two different %weights. Attached workflow has %weight by county within the state and I am trying to get another column which is %weight for country by month. Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@jay_viz 
can you also share the input file if you could?

jay_viz
7 - Meteor

Sure, here is the file I have used

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@jay_viz 
Thank you for providing the input file.
I basically followed your appoach, add one field Group by County in the summarize tool.
I also added Record ID for the input file for joining later.

0609-jay_viz.PNG

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @jay_viz, here is the sample workflow to the problem statement you described.

grazitti_sapna_0-1654752368485.png

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
jay_viz
7 - Meteor

@grazitti_sapna Thanks, I think I was looking for a slight tweak in this solution where a county should add upto 100% when considering % by Month.. e.g OH2 should be added to 100% across month 1&2.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@jay_viz, in that case, you have to summarize separately on the basis of the county. In the screenshot, as you can see OH2 for Months 1 and 2 add up to 100% as required. Attaching the workflow.

grazitti_sapna_0-1654754429970.png

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
Labels