Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Subscription to mailing list for flow using email tool

boredpanda
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am using the email tool to generate a report that is sent out on a monthly basis to my colleagues. It works well for sending it to a pre-defined list of people but I am looking for a solution that would require no interference into the workflow from me when new people want to sign up to receive the email. Is there a way to set up the flow such that when a new person wants to be added to the mailing list, they will simply click on some action URL button and it would automatically add them as a recipient on the email tool?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

Hi @boredpanda ,

Here is how you can alter the "to" part in the email tool by using a list box tool. I attached the Excellist that feeds the list box and thus feeds in this case the formula tool or the email tool. I used the formula tool just to test in debug mode if it worked :-). This workflow is called the maillist workflow.

This is not the whole story, i'm aware of that. For what you want to achieve you need another workflow that adds mail addresses to the Excel. For that i made the editmaillist flow. If you upload that analytical app to your companies gallery (or to someone else who has designer) he/she can just add her/his name and e-mail to the list by submitting them via the text boxes in the analytical app. By using these two flows you should be able to get to what you want! 

Sebastiaandb_0-1650626283544.png

Sebastiaandb_1-1650626309993.png

Editmaillist flow

Sebastiaandb_2-1650626632644.png

Greetings,

Seb

Labels