Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Split by %

yanatodorova26
7 - Meteor

Hello All,

I'm having the following case. I need to extract 15% out of each value.

For example, I'm having 400 records with value Apple and 320 records with value Pear. What I need is to extract out of the overall for each name, the 15%. So, I need to group by a value and then extract 15% based on a value.

I can't filter for different values and then to split by percent, cause my actual data contains a lot of values that are changing monthly.

Please assist.

4 REPLIES 4
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @yanatodorova26 

You can use the sample tool with this config (the group by column must be the column that contain your values e.g. Apple, Pear...):

sampletool.png

yanatodorova26
7 - Meteor

Hi Felipe,

Thanks, but, sorry, I didn't mention - for the overall number from each name, we have certain numbers that are uploaded and marked with 'x'. Then, I want from the values that are uploaded and have 'x' in a field, to take the 15% and assign a value to the remaining from the overall that don't have 'x'.

Hope the above is clear.

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @yanatodorova26 

Can you mock some sample input/output (able to pick some cases with 'x' and non 'x')? Sorry i didnt understood the last requirements very well.

yanatodorova26
7 - Meteor

Hi Felipe,

The idea would be that we're having 1000 contacts for upload:

- 600 value for Apple

- 400 value for Pear

Out of the overall 600 Apple, we're uploading only 100.

Out of the overall 400 for Pear, we're uploading only 50.

I would like to take 15% for each value out of the uploaded ones (15%*100 = 15 for Apple and 15%*50 = 7.5 -> 8 for Pear). But these overall 15 for Apple and 8 for Pear, I would like to take the actual contacts from the remaining ones (500 Apple and 350 Pear). 

So, what we're uploading 100 and 50 should not be touched, but the 15% contacts should be taken from the remaining 500 and 350.

Thank you for the support!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels