Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Sharepoint Output - Dynamic File and Sheet names - Worksheet does not exist error.

cochurch
5 - Atom

We have recently moved our storage system to Sharepoint and I have been struggling to convert some existing workflows to the sharepoint outputs and also run them on gallery. 

Current issue - I had a workflow that used a formula tool to establish the File Name and Sheet name dynamically. 

I want to output to the existing file name if it exists, or create a new one if not, and then also create a new sheet dynamically by a field name, and overwrite sheet if not.

I've attempted to set this up in the sharepoint output tool but am getting an error of "Worksheet does not exist".

I then tried to establish the file and sheet name in a formula tool again and got an upload error of  "run time error error while uploading file but expected one of bytes, unicode"

Looking for any guidance - I am able to run the workflow successfully if overwriting the FILE but not Overwriting the Sheet.

1 REPLY 1
finman
5 - Atom

I have this exact problem.

Overwrite File works.

Overwrite Sheet gives "Worksheet does not exist" error, but the worksheet does exist.

Append says that it completed successfully, but no additional rows are appended to the sheet (I added new data).

Were you able to work it out?

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels