Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

SharePointInput_2_6_1 writes to bin\%TEMP% instead of User's Temporary directory

rhipp87
8 - Asteroid

For example, shouldn't the connector replace %TEMP% with C:\Users\rhipp\AppData\Local\Temp\?

Something's off here, especially since it saves the files in a folder where the name still contains the % literal.

workflow_temp_folder.pngsharepoint_results.pngoutput_files.pngdefault_temp_dir.pngsharepint_config.png

3 REPLIES 3
stataltgee
8 - Asteroid

@rhipp87 can you share the workflow?

BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

@rhipp87 

isn't %TEMP% a global variable (in your environment variables on your system)? %Workflow.TempFilePath% might be the one you're looking for? 

https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/All-About-Constants-1583459845970 that's the under your workflow constants in Alteryx.

It may depend, tool to tool, where you can and can't use %TEMP%. 

If that Sharepoint Tool is using Python under the hood for the API piece I suppose it may use the OS module to grab the environment variables via os.environ. 

Not sure if that solves your problem but it could explain the conflict your facing.

All the best,

BS

rhipp87
8 - Asteroid

I should mention that the default path in the SharePoint input tool is %TEMP%/SharePoint.

1. If the top-level folder created by the input tool contains %TEMP%, then it does not replace this string with the environment variable.
  2. If the top-level folder, "%TEMP%", is created in C:\Users\rhipp\AppData\Local\Alteryx\bin, then it is not using my default temporary director of "C:\Users\rhipp\AppData\Local\Temp\" or even the workflow directory (the first screenshot).
  3. Alteryx can locate the files with an absolute reference "C:\Users\rhipp\AppData\Local\Alteryx\bin\%TEMP%\SafetyReports" set as the destination.

I'm hoping someone else can use SharePointInput_2_6_1 and confirm the same behavior.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels