Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

SharePoint list output tool

u659085
5 - Atom

We have recently upgraded Alteryx Designer from 2020 to 2021.4 and found that when we use the update SharePoint list output tool the text fields that have spaces in the data the spaces are replaced by a plus sign (i.e. "My name is" changes to "My+name+is").  We have also tried to change the SharePoint Version configuration, within the tool, from 2007 to 2010 but when we do this we get an error "An error occurred while writing record. Record was partially written. Check List in SharePoint."  We did notice that the records that were written did not have the plus sign but as said, not all records were not written.  We have tried to add the block until done tool prior to writing but this did not work as well.  Can anyone please assist with how to resolve the issue of the plus sign being added to our text fields.

7 REPLIES 7
jtstelzer
5 - Atom

I am also experiencing the issue . . . finding the "+" to be a subset of html tags that are replacing any non alpha or numeric character that I tried to place in a single line of text field on either an append or update setting on the SharePoint List Output tool.

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @u659085 @jtstelzer 

Have you tried to use the new SP tools that were released recently? https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Community-Gallery/Sharepoint-Tools/ta-p/877903

With the new tools, you can bring in files/lists and output to files/lists.

I would recommend reaching out to support@alteryx.com to further troubleshoot this issue if you would prefer to utilize the SP List Output tool.

u659085
5 - Atom

Hello PanPP,

Thank you for your response.  Our installation of Alteryx is done at a corporate level.  Can you please help me with how to find out how i can confirm if these new tools have been installed (i.e. can you confirm what pallet/tool names I need to use). If you do not have this information, i will go to our corporate TI team to find out if it has been installed.

Thank you. 

u659085
5 - Atom

I ended up raising the support mail and as it is required to have the new SharePoint tools to use the SharePoint File tool instead of SharePoint List tool in v2021 we are stuck with v2020 until our organization is ready to implement the new tools version.

anand_345
5 - Atom

Hi,

Is there any alternative solution without using new tools?

Phurphur
5 - Atom

I had the same issue, until I changed the "SharePoint Version" pull down at the top left of the tool to "2016".  It defaulted to 2007 originally.  Simple fix hopefully for you.

ILANGO_S
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All
I am aslo having the same problem in my workflow.Changing the version to 2007 in sharepoint list output tool resulted in non alpha numeric characters replaced with plus(+)sign. We have also tried to change the SharePoint Version configuration, within the tool, from 2007 to 2010,2013.2016 but when we do this we get an error "An error occurred while writing record. Record was partially written. Check List in SharePoint."  The idea of inserting block untill done didn't support.Can anyone please assist with how to resolve the issue.

Labels