Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

SharePoint Input V2.5 Designer Desktop getting Expected error on column when switched typ

Nmassarone
8 - Asteroid

Was wondering if anyone has seen this below im now running into issues with loading in excel files from the SharePoint Input tool i can get the Excel file but if a certain column the "type" changes it throws an error (see below)

i narrowed it down to a specific cell ( so i load in that 1 column and cells 1 to 149) those load in fine but as soon as i go to cell 150 it throws the below error. Even if i manually change the type in Excel it still throws the error and changing the entire column will not get rid of the error.

Was wondering if anyone has seen this or has had a fix for it its not plausible to go into every sheet every week and adjust all the cells.

Below screenshot s the error

This is the error - Error: SharePoint Input (1): ("Expected bytes, got a 'int' object", 'Conversion failed for column NOTES with type object')

Was wondering if anyone has seen this or has a fix for it

6 REPLIES 6
peterr_h
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Nmassarone,

Afraid I'm experiencing this too - changed a value to a few different items and got the message you had above, and also 'Expected int64...' even though it should be a String type.

Commenting to follow - I'm going to be raising an issue for SharePoint tools 2.5.0 as there are a plethora of issues, including this, DCM Credentials on Server, and others. 

Fingers crossed that someone else can shed some light on this...

radhikakg
5 - Atom

Hi there - I am experiencing this as well. I tried changing all the fields in the excel to a single format (text) but that did not work. I noticed that the same file gets processed by the SharePoint tool without any errors if converted to a csv. I am on SharePoint tools 2.6.0.

abhilash_t
6 - Meteoroid

@Nmassarone, Did you get any solution from Alteryx Support. I too am facing same issue. I am using SharePoint Tool version 2.6.1

There are workarounds available like download file locally and read but I cannot do that.

peterr_h
8 - Asteroid

@abhilash_t @Nmassarone @radhikakg Hi all,

I have heard from Alteryx Support that this is due to be fixed in release 2.6.2 of the connectors.

Once this is released, we will need to download the newest version of the connectors and use these instead.

This is due to be released soon.

Fingers crossed!

dparker
5 - Atom

Fix was released for V2.6.2  and reads files properly.  However now the read only list of full paths no longer works.  Error reads:

Error: SharePoint Input (1): ("Could not convert <ItemType.FILE: 'file'> with type ItemType: did not recognize Python value type when inferring an Arrow data type", 'Conversion failed for column Type with type object')

Nmassarone
8 - Asteroid

i reverted back to version 2.4 and have not had any issue since i have been using this until there is a solid update

Labels