Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sequential execution of containers

tep_49
7 - Meteor

Hi Community,

I'm struggling with a problem for a few days and request any inputs you have to solve it.

In the below workflow , I want to ensure that First container is run always first and then the second and then the third.

I can't upgrade to 2023 release version as of now to incorporate the control containers tool.

Few suggestions were very helpful for me where some asked me to use action, control and condition tool,

but I was not able to put them together to implement the logic.

Would be great if someone could help me in this?

tep_49_0-1686093377112.png

Thanks,

Nate

5 REPLIES 5
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@tep_49 
If it's a simple container like that, it's building the tools in order inside each container.
Alteryx respects tool number order

Build container 1 then container 2 ...

tep_49
7 - Meteor

Hi Geraldo,

Thank you for your response.

The above is just an example, 

In the workflow I'm currently working on the first container calls a stored procedure from the database

second and other containers take data from the database and write it into another database.

so simply constructing one container and then the other in the order I want it to be executed is not working as of now the second and third one is running and then the first container is running.

Is there any other way?

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Try out the link / Alteryx package I put in this thread! Re: Container Issues - Alteryx Community

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@tep_49 

I don't know the logic used but I could use something with this container hierarchy design and reading and writing

geraldo_0-1686105370766.png

tep_49
7 - Meteor

Great. This worked for me Geraldo.

Appreciate your constant help always.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels