Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Sending multiple emails using batch macro

Baniassi
5 - Atom

Hi, I have the workflow that is connected to the batch macro that sends multiple emails. The workflow is uploaded to the gallery and it's working, it sends multiple emails to the recipient and the number of emails is based on Summarize that groups one field which is a column (LE BD) combined of two columns (LE & BD):

LEBDLE BD
123WM123_WM
456PC456_PC

In the macro one email should contain information to whom it should be forwarded and have information from given row in form of a table:

LENameCountryBDLE BDAdditional infoEmail ToEmail CC
123Europe BranchFranceWM123_WMtextgeorge@email.comteam@email.com

At the start of the macro I have a filter that filters for one 'LE BD' and there's an Action with Control Parameter above and I suppose I need to correctly configure the action. I was trying to choose in action:

'Filter -> Simple' -> Field-value-'LE BD'' or

'Filter-> Operands -> Operand -> Operand-value-'123_WM'

However alteryx sends multiple emails but only one email has all needed information (all the info from the filter).

This is how my macro looks like (Table and Text marked in yellow need to vary depending on 'LE BD' column):

Capture.PNG

I'm attaching the macro with added text information. Thank you in advance for your help!

1 REPLY 1
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @Baniassi if I'm understanding this right, you'll want to change your control parameter action configuration to the following:

DataNath_0-1656496660443.png

Making sure 'Replace a specific string' is ticked.

On the outside of your macro, you'll need to pass a list of all the [LE BD] values that you want to loop through to the control parameter input (upside down question mark). Making sure it's mapped in the 'Questions' tab of the batch macro configuration:

DataNath_1-1656496902339.pngDataNath_2-1656496913764.png

Labels