Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Search many columns for one value

cassidiecargill
5 - Atom

hi alteryx community!

i have a massive database with months of a document that has over 100 columns of data.

if i am looking for one specific value, but it could be in many different rows, how can i search the entire document (or multiple columns) for this one value?

ex: searching for an order number (red box in snapshot) in our transportation/freight spend data; but the different transportation providers can transmit the data into multiple columns (mawbnumber, packagenumber,BOL number, or many different reference columns not seen in the snapshot)  that is consolidated by our freight payment provider. 

cassidiecargill_1-1589828467595.png

thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @cassidiecargill,

Is this what you're trying to achieve? I'm searching for rows where one of my columns equals B

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1589828981377.png

Output:

Jonathan-Sherman_1-1589829002729.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @cassidiecargill,

Or perhaps you're looking to return all columns where (or the value you're looking for) exists in at least one column in that row:

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1589829160964.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached an updated workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

cassidiecargill
5 - Atom

Jonathan - Thank you very much. This works wonderfully. 

mrbillyjackson
7 - Meteor

This thread just made my life a lot easier. Thanks!!!

Labels