Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Scheduler License

MizunashiSinayu
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I am wondering is the scheduler license for designer and server different?

I saw only one type of scheduler license.

Can anyone please also explain to me how to use the license in server environment?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @MizunashiSinayu,

A Server licence comes with scheduler capabilities and the ability to install on a Server OS, as well as offering scalability and a Private Gallery. When this is set up, the Alteryx Users in your company can connect and schedule to that Server.

There is also a Desktop Automation Licence which allows you to schedule on a designer licence if you are using a standard Windows version and have admin privileges on your computer.

Kane

MizunashiSinayu
8 - Asteroid

@KaneG wrote:

Hi @MizunashiSinayu,

A Server licence comes with scheduler capabilities and the ability to install on a Server OS, as well as offering scalability and a Private Gallery. When this is set up, the Alteryx Users in your company can connect and schedule to that Server.

There is also a Desktop Automation Licence which allows you to schedule on a designer licence if you are using a standard Windows version and have admin privileges on your computer.

Kane

Hi, KaneG..

Thank you for your kind answer...

So, by purchasing Alteryx server, I will get an access to the scheduler automatically?

Thank you very much

:D

Mizu

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Yes, that is correct, by purchasing Server, you will get access to the scheduler automatically.

Labels