Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Salesforce Input 5.1.0 - Data Connection Manager not connecting

tfindling
6 - Meteoroid

Salesforce Input 5.1.0 - 

The data connection manager will not connect with username and password. 

I tried the below combinations:

Username, Password, No Security Token

Username, Password, Security Token

Username, Password+Security Token, No Security Token

I get one of two error messages: "Unsupported secret type" or "Access Denied".

I can connect on the two older input versions. (5.0.9, 5.0.10)

I don't know if this version introduced a bug or something changed. There is no release notes to follow.

4 REPLIES 4
cafkhami
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, I'm having the exact same issue.  Has anyone found a solution to this?

cafkhami
6 - Meteoroid

I ended up solving my issue here.  It turned out that when I was getting the "Unsupported secret type" error that I ended up locking my salesforce account.  After my admin unlocked my account and reset my secret, I was able to get this to work without issue.  Hope this helps.

tfindling
6 - Meteoroid

Issue never resolved. 

-Security Token added results in "Unsupported Secret Type"

-No security token results in "Access Denied"

Salesforce server never reflects the sign in attempt. (It is not in the login history)

tfindling
6 - Meteoroid

Solution

https://help.alteryx.com/current/en/server/install/install-custom-tools.html#idp402180

If you installed a connector as a user (instead of admin), you might have the connector’s folders installed in multiple locations. This causes workflows to fail. To fix this issue, delete the connector folder from each user's folder in \Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools.

Do not have the tool in Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools.

Copy the tool here: C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Tools

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels