Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Replicating the (Excel ) formula drag function across multiple columns in Alteryx

imo1810
5 - Atom

Hi

I was wondering if there is a way to use the formula (or another tool) to multiply or divide or subtract across multiple columns in Alteryx. A few examples if I have a column for each month of the year and a different exchange rate for each month how can i quickly multiply the values for each month by the appropriate exchange rate.

In the example below how would I get all rows to be calculated in the "MMM GBP" Columns without having to use a formula for each column.

Item                       Currency        Exchange rate        Jan         Feb    .....       Dec           Jan GBP         Feb GBP   .....   Dec GBP

Salesman 1             EUR                   0.9                    500         400                100

Salesman 2             USD                   0.8                    800         200                400

Salesman 3             GBP                     1                     500         400                200

Salesman 4             GBP                     1                     300         400                500

Salesman 5             USD                   0.8                    200         600                700

Happy to upload an example if the question above is not clear enough

2 REPLIES 2
L_T
8 - Asteroid

Hi @imo1810,

I have used a multi-field formula in the workflow attached.

Let me know if this works!

imo1810
5 - Atom

Thank you - That works perfectly

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels