Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Reading multiple database(DBF) files across various ZIPs

jmd25
7 - Meteor

Hi All

I am trying to pull in database files that are spread across multiple zips. The zips are spread across multiple directories and subdirectories and the zips are all named differently (though follow a pattern).

I have tried using wild card characters similar to how I would when reading loose files across a standard flat folder structure, however, due to the fact that you have to configure settings for each zip i.e "File in Archive" section and "Output File name as field". Using wildcard chars doesn't seem to work. An example of what the paths might look like are below:

backup\Monthy_backup_20230131.zip\location_01\productlisting.dbf

backup\Monthy_backup_20230228.zip\location_07\productlisting.dbf

Thank you in advance,

Kind Regards

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
19 - Altair

Have you tried my Zip parser macro to find the file names in the zip files?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Python-Macros-Zip-CSV-sniffer-...

jmd25
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the reply. Haven't tried that, but will definitely test it out. I ended up writing a python script to find them all and export them. But an in app solution would have been preferred, so will give that macro a go for future referernce.

Thanks 

Labels