Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Python Version 3.8 Error

mkosmicki1
8 - Asteroid

The weeks since 2024.1 was released have been painful. We are now doing many of our ETL/ELT tasks manually because our connectors for Tableau, Google Drive, and Salesforce are no longer working because of a Python version mismatch. 

Before you tell me to "Roll back the version"....IT DOES NOT WORK. The Python version is not rolled back when you uninstall 2024.1 and go back to the previous version.

As expensive as Alteryx is and some very large companies using the software, how can this happen? We have an expensive tool that has become useless to us, forcing us to spend valuable time writing code to do the work, missing deadlines, and stewing in frustration.

I know my company isn't the only one in this situation. However, our account is likely not big enough to force action. We need the big dogs to step up and start growling so we can get these tools properly updated.

1 REPLY 1
apathetichell
19 - Altair

Flag this is to your rep - ASAP - community can't do much here if you've tried rolling back. I'd recommend checking your path variables to make sure the python venv they point to is the one with the older version of Alteryx. You can also try a Python uninstall after you uninstall Alteryx to makes sure you have a clean system.

Labels