Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Pulling Data from Previous Business Day

derm
7 - Meteor

I am attempting to pull data from the previous business day. This means that if the workflow is ran on a Monday, then Friday's data will be pulled. I would also like for the workflow to take holidays into account as well. How can I do that? I currently have the below formula to pull from previous business day but it isnt working.

if DateTimeFormat(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeNow(),-1,'days'),'%a') == 'Sun' then DateTimeAdd(DateTimeNow(),-3,'days') else DateTimeAdd(DateTimeNow(),-1,'days') endif

(From another user in the community) 

I am not sure how to incorporate holidays.

Please let me know how I can do it.

Thanks,

derm

4 REPLIES 4
Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Maybe this can help?
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Community-Gallery/Business-Days-count/ta-p/962755

Else generate a list of holidays and append your dataset, and apply a filter?

derm
7 - Meteor

Hmmm I don't think this is what I'm looking for. The data I'm pulling from only has business days in it. What I meant was a formula or filter that could be ran daily and that would only show data from the previous business day. So, if I ran the workflow on a Monday, Friday's data would be the only data I see. If ran on Tuesday, I'd get Monday's data. 

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@derm one way of doing this

Screenshot 2023-07-10 190107.png

rohityaman
8 - Asteroid

@dermHere is one proposed solution:

Step1: Create a field DayofWeek (integer data type) = ToNumber(DateTimeFormat(DateTimeNow(),"%u"))

Step 2: Extract Prev Business Day value using this formula:

IF [DayofWeek]>=2 AND [DayofWeek]<=6
THEN DateTimeAdd(DateTimeNow(),-1,"day")
elseif [DayofWeek]=7
THEN DateTimeAdd(DateTimeNow(),-2,"day")
else DateTimeAdd(DateTimeNow(),-3,"day")
endif

PrevBusinessDay.png

Labels