Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Power BI Output

haleyglazer
5 - Atom

I am trying to use the output tool to send my data to Power BI directly from Alteryx. No matter how I configure, I get the error "Bad request syntax or unsupported method. Dataset must contain at least one table." 

I try to edit the table name to #1:Table1, since that is evidently what defaults for my colleague and he doesn't get the error, I cannot put anything before the colon (:) that is mandatory in the field and doesn't get deleted. So I end up with :#1:Table1 because the initial colon will not move or be deleted, nothing can be put in front of it. No matter what I try to name the table, I get the error that dataset must include at least one table. I do not have any integers OR doubles in my data. 

2 REPLIES 2
michelle_mathews
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@haleyglazer , can you provide a sample of the data? Does it exceed any of the limits mentioned here? I'd suggest trying with a simple dummy dataset as well to see if you get the same error. That way we can try to determine if it's the data or if it's the tool itself. 

haleyglazer
5 - Atom

Size seems to be the problem, thank you. Very disappointed as the whole reason this was such a great option was that my data is millions of rows and the process of going through Sharepoint is incredibly slow and requires manual updates rather than a direct push.

Labels