Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Power BI Output: Failed to Connect to Platform

Chirayu
5 - Atom

I am facing this issue while using Power BI Output tool in Alteryx Designer :- "Failed to connect to Platform"

I am not using VPN (using my company's internal network) and I have latest Alteryx Designer Downloaded Version: 2022.1.1.30961 and latest Power BI Output tool Version 3.2.0. Please help

3 REPLIES 3
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Chirayu ,

have you set up the connection in your Azure environment?

You need to do all the setup on the Microsoft side, including allowing Alteryx to connect as an application etc.

Contact your Azure admins to make sure this has been done correctly.

M.

Bulien

Chirayu
5 - Atom

@mceleavey Do we have to set up Azure connection even when authenticating through browser? Both Alteryx and PowerBI are installed locally and I just used windows authentication for the tool. 

SergioMartinez
5 - Atom

Hi, I just resolved this issue by following these instructions step by step:

https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/Adding-Certificates-for-newer-Python-based-connectors-...   , there is just one Important point in the document that I was omiting but it resulted to be critical, when getting the certificates from your URL make sure you are logged out before exportig the certificates:

NOTE: You will want to make sure you are on the sign-in screen, not logged in.  It is recommended to use an incognito window to keep you from potentially being automatically logged in to your tenant.

After this, my Power BI Output tool worked okay after several other attempts.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels