Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

PDF files from download tool are unable to open

uriah
7 - Meteor

I am trying to find a way to grab multiple pdf files from Salesforce through Alteryx. I have configured the download tool to download files through a link or through login credentials. Through both ways, I am able to successfully download a PDF file - however it is unreadable. 

The only way to open these files is through notepad. There is a notable difference in those that come through Alteryx and those that I download manually. 

How do get Alteryx to get the files exactly the way they look in manual downloading?

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
19 - Altair

what you see form the download tool isn't the attachment. It's probably a redirect or other message from salesforce. short is - you are not downloading your binary file. If you can share what endpoint in salespoint you are looking at (type of object/etc) maybe someone can help you...

uriah
7 - Meteor

The PDFs exist in a record object that uses paths. I am attempting to grab pdf IDs and urls from the ContentDocument table. Im very sure that Content Document Link would be key here but it is difficult to query.

Are you recommending the Base64 Encoder? 

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Are you downloading this via an api or are you trying to webscrape? you need to use a salesforce api. you cannot just throw a crednetial protetected url into the download tool and expect it to work.

if you need help on this - provide salesforce reference material - and provide the response in download data in text. My hunch is that you are not authneticating properly to Salesforce and you are not hitting the correct endpoint. My usual recommendatoin here is "do this first in Postman - and then transfer it to Alteryx."

uriah
7 - Meteor

We are using the salesforce input tool which is obtained from the salesforce api in the alteryx marketplace. I have my login information there.

Which download data response are you referring to?

Labels