Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Outputting date format in unique template

Cfdiaz2103
8 - Asteroid

Hello community,

I am working on a workflow which I have to fill in a single template as an asset with data, so that I can preserve the format and excel formulas within. One of the data that WF must output is the date.

The original format of the date comes like this: dd/mm/yyyy. Then I transform it into Date format, so it comes like this: YYYY-MM-dd. However, when running the WF on the server, the date data comes out in Blank values

Example:
Original Date: 30/12/2022
Date (Output): (Blank)

After that, I set the V_WString Datatype for that date field so the original format may be preserved. It works well but the positions of the values changed.

Example:
Original Date: 30/12/2022
Date (Output): 12/30/2022

I don't know what happens inside the server when I run the workflow. In designer the dates are correct.

I'd appreciate any support.

1 REPLY 1
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

How do you want the output to look? Is it suppose to resemble Original Date? Does the below formula work?

DateTimeFormat([DateTime_Out],'%d/%m/%Y')
Labels