Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Optimizing Excel File Formatting Without Render/Table Function

adarsh2608
8 - Asteroid

I created a workflow that produces an Excel file containing multiple sheets. I want to change the background color of the header cells and adjust the cell width based on the text length, all without using the render/table function. When I use the render tool, my workflow takes more than two hours to generate the output file. Can someone help me with a solution?

6 REPLIES 6
Deano478
12 - Quasar

@adarsh2608 if you don't want to use the Altyerx tools one way would be output to a .xlsm file and have a macro in that file ready to run to this formatting once the output is generated 

Raj
15 - Aurora

@adarsh2608 
one way of doing this is using a pre generated excel template and using blob tools to replicate the template and writing data into it.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

There are three ways:

1) Follow @Raj 's instruction.

2) create a VBA script. Run VBA script via command tool after creating your excel file.

3) Use Python. 

@Raj's way is the only way to do this in Alteryx out of the box.

kkjain2904
5 - Atom

Thanks

adarsh2608
8 - Asteroid

Hello @apathetichell ,

I dont have technical skill to write python code , could you able to help me how to write to fix this

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Not really how these community boards work. I'd recommend 1) and following the other solutions to that issue on this forum.

Labels