Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Optimizing Excel File Formatting Without Render/Table Function

adarsh2608
8 - Asteroid

I created a workflow that produces an Excel file containing multiple sheets. I want to change the background color of the header cells and adjust the cell width based on the text length, all without using the render/table function. When I use the render tool, my workflow takes more than two hours to generate the output file. Can someone help me with a solution?

6 REPLIES 6
Deano478
12 - Quasar

@adarsh2608 if you don't want to use the Altyerx tools one way would be output to a .xlsm file and have a macro in that file ready to run to this formatting once the output is generated 

Raj
15 - Aurora

@adarsh2608 
one way of doing this is using a pre generated excel template and using blob tools to replicate the template and writing data into it.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

There are three ways:

1) Follow @Raj 's instruction.

2) create a VBA script. Run VBA script via command tool after creating your excel file.

3) Use Python. 

@Raj's way is the only way to do this in Alteryx out of the box.

kkjain2904
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks

adarsh2608
8 - Asteroid

Hello @apathetichell ,

I dont have technical skill to write python code , could you able to help me how to write to fix this

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Not really how these community boards work. I'd recommend 1) and following the other solutions to that issue on this forum.

Labels