Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Need to pull data from multiple tabs of excel workbook with source tabs names

hbakshi
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am pretty new on Alteryx and need help in pulling data from specific tabs of an excel workbook which has more than 20 tabs. Additionally, I need to have a column having values as the name of source tab the data has been pulled from. Can somebody help? Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @hbakshi 

Refer this article it might help

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/The-Ultimate-Input-Data-Flowchart/t...

The approach is definitely to use Directory tool and maybe filter sheets and then dynamic input tool.

Hope this helps🙂

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @hbakshi ,

you can do the standard method as pointed out by @atcodedog05 , but that often causes problems with the template not fitting the schema on all sheets.

I've attached two macros that allow you to first retrieve all sheet names, which you can then append to the fullpath, then feed that into the second macro which will load them all in for you.

I've built the example and attached the macros.

Hope this helps.

M.

Bulien

Labels