Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Need to distribute amounts among work locations based on percentage share of Area

Bijoy82
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I am creating a workflow and want to achieve the following .  Anyone has a idea on how to achieve that . Much appreciated. I have attached a file for your reference.

I want to distribute the amount in green rows among the different work locations in each country based on the percentage of share for each location. For instance, in Israel, I want to distribute the amount 8133 among all the work locations in Israel, and the "Other Israel" category should receive zero after the distribution.

Furthermore, I also want to distribute the amount in the yellow field among all the location codes based on their respective areas. For example, the management cost of the Americas area should be divided among all the location codes that fall under the Americas area.

3 REPLIES 3
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Bijoy82 - I would think that your starting point would be to determine the area of each of the regions.

@Hollingsworth ; @Deanna are among the best spatial people I know - they may have some ideas of quick ways to get areas for regions like these?

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Bijoy82 
I think this is a Summary issue.

I made one sample for your first question.Maybe you can take a look?

0619-Bijoy82.PNG

Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

I think that @Qiu has it right. I think that "area" in the OP was not spatial in nature.

John Hollingsworth
Clear Channel Outdoor
Labels