Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need help with my aging formula

CDIns
8 - Asteroid

In my data set, I have records for receivables that include the due date for each record. Management has decided they'd like all the due dates to be categorized into a few difference buckets:

• Due in 1 year
  • Due in 1 year through 5 years
  • Due in 5 years through 10 years
  • Due in 10 years 

My formula is currently spitting out "Due in 10 years" for every record despite me having records that are due in 1 year, 3, 4, 5 etc. 

Here is my current formula, can you please let me know where I am going wrong? I should note my current DueDate Data type is V_String instead of Date - would this be the issue? 

IF [DueDate]< "12/31/24" THEN "Due in 1 year" ELSEIF [DueDate]> "12/31/24" AND [DueDate]<"12/31/28" THEN "Due in1 year through 5 years" ELSEIF [DueDate]>"12/31/28" AND [DueDate]<"12/31/33" THEN "Due in 5 years through 10 years" ELSEIF [DueDate]>"12/31/33" THEN "Due in 10 years" ELSE [DueDate] ENDIF

Thank you in advance, 

2 REPLIES 2
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @CDIns you DueDate data type would need to be date type instead of a string. Therefore your dates need to be in YYYY-MM-DD format.

CDIns
8 - Asteroid

Thank you, Joseph. I had suspected this may be the culprit. I appreciate you confirming

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels