Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need help in Analytic Apps

EN6924
10 - Fireball

Hi All,

I made an app from a dummy dataset that allows me to collect data by filtering month and day, and it works perfectly.

When I select a month, all of the dates appear. These are fixed values. How can I make it such that when I select a month, just the days in the original dataset are displayed?

For example, in my original dataset, under month - 'September,' 'Saturday' is missing. However, when I pick 'September' in the app window, it displays all of the days. Logically I want to build a logic where 'Saturday' should not be shown.

Need help.

5 REPLIES 5
rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@EN6924 I think I can help you out here. However, your workflow was not uploaded as a packaged workflow, so it is erroring out (see below). When able, can you click on Options > Export Workflow?
Error - 16 Nov 2023.png

EN6924
10 - Fireball

@rzdodson 

Uploading the dummy dataset

rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@EN6924 this sounds like chained app territory; or, at least that would be my recommendation for how to proceed.

In App1, develop your logic around the Saturday/Sunday exclusion prior to creating your output from App1.

App1's input becomes the input file for App2. In App2's app interface, you'll include a Drop-Down that is "loaded" with the list of days from that month. There are a couple of ways of doing this, to be sure. But, what it'll likely look like is a Summarize tool that grabs the list of days that are within the (filtered) App1 output data set. 

App Creation - 16 Nov 2023.png

After you have loaded App2's "Days" Drop-Down, you'll need to set your App1's Interface Designer Properties so that when App1 is done running, it'll open App2 where you'll select the Day, before finally creating the output you need.

EN6924
10 - Fireball

Can you upload a sample? It would be easier for me. Because I have not worked in Chained apps.

EN6924
10 - Fireball

Hi rzdodson

I have found the solution of my problem by creating a Chained app. Thanks for the guidance.

Labels