Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Max Date Same Field

Waller
5 - Atom

I have a file which has concatenated multiple dates into one field separated by a comma. Is there a way I can reference the max date within the field in a new column?

Waller_0-1615403467038.png

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Luke_C
17 - Castor

@Waller 

Here's one approach with some fake data, essentially use the text to columns tool to split out the concatenated dates into rows, and then summarize by max date. 

raychase
11 - Bolide

The following works if the dates (within a single record) are always in chronological order (ie. max date on the far right):

raychase_0-1615431816506.png

Otherwise, you can include a RecordID, clear spaces from the concatenations, text-to-rows on the comma delimiter, and finally, summarize by RecordID to get the MAX(Date):

raychase_2-1615432073580.png

Waller
5 - Atom

Thanks for the help. I've followed your flow below but it's coming back with mixed results - I think it might be because the date field is a string and it isn't able to distinguish the max/min date. I've tried to change the type to date but it didn't like it and brought back null values

Waller_1-1615486974511.png

Waller_0-1615486806119.png

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Try the attached, I swapped the autofield for a date time parse based on your data. 

Waller
5 - Atom

Thanks! This has worked (I was trying to use existing column for Summarize output - new column brought back correct dates and format).

Thanks for the help

Labels