Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Match condition based on Count Records

gcosta
7 - Meteor

Hi guys,

I am looking for some help with the problem below.

Basically, I have 2 tables where my goal is to look at the Table1_Count Records, and then based on the value on this field and its Timezone, I would like to look at Table_2 and assign an Account to Table1_Rep field.

Example:

Rep C has 4 records on Timezone CST, 2 on EST, 3 on PST. I would like to look at table 2 and assign to rep C, 4 accounts on timezone CST, 2 on timezone EST, and 3 on timezone PST...and so on and so forth for every record on my Table_1.

Table 1:

RepTimezoneCount Records
APST2
BPST2
CCST4
CEST2
CPST3
DPST1
ECST1
EEST2
EPST8

Table 2

AccountTimezone
APST
BPST
CCST
DCST
ECST
FEST
GEST
HEST
IEST
KPST
LEST
MCST

I appreciate any insights. Thank you so much!!

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@gcosta I am not sure I understand your requirement properly . Based on my understanding you can use the generate row tool to get it done

binuacs_0-1651223213665.png

gcosta
7 - Meteor

Hi @binuacs , sorry if is not clear but eventually what I want to do is to get something like the following table.

Using the Example of Rep C:

AccountTimezoneTable1(Rep)
APSTC
BPSTC
CCSTC
DCSTC
ECSTC
FESTC
GESTC
HEST 
IEST 
KPSTC
LEST 
MCSTC

Does it make sense?

Thank you so much for your help

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@gcosta this can be done with the help of Generate Row and Multi-row formula tools

binuacs_0-1651228422317.png

gcosta
7 - Meteor

Hi @binuacs , thank you so much ! I see what you ´ve done. That´s clever! Now, I am just wondering how can I remove duplicates and make sure an Account gets only one Rep assigned to it.

For example, looking at the outcome of your suggestion,

Account A, timezone PST can go to Rep A,B,C,D,E. 

Account B, timezone PST can go to Rep A, B, C,D,E as well. 

How could I make sure that the below is still respected? Rep A gets the 2 records, Reb B gets as well 2 records... so on and so forth

Table 1:

RepTimezoneCount Records
APST2
BPST2
CCST4
CEST2
CPST3
DPST1
ECST1
EEST2
EPST8

I hope this makes sense and sorry for asking so many question. I am having a tough time on figuring out if I can do something like that using the tool.

Labels