Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Mapping of closing stock info based on date

AnanditaShankar
8 - Asteroid

Hi. I want to map 'Stocks Opening Qty' and 'Stocks Closing Qty' based on 'Posting Date" and 'Fiscal Year/Period". Due to diff date format I'm not able to do so

7 REPLIES 7
SGolnik
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

It looks like Fiscal Year/Period is by month and date. I would parse out the date column in Posting Date using regex or a formula tool to extract the month and year. Then you will be able to join the data on it.

AnanditaShankar
8 - Asteroid

Tried parsing. Didn't work

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

You can use a DateTime tool to normalize the dates. For your first tab you'll want to use the Custom format as shown in the screenshot below. Then you will do the same for the Closing Stock tab but use a new custom format in the code here.

MM.yyyy

It will add a new DateTime field to the end of your data that you can use to match up with the other tab.

cjaneczko_0-1681736107008.png

AnanditaShankar
8 - Asteroid

And if I want to split 2023-02-01 to 2023-02 how do I do that ? Below is not working 

AnanditaShankar_0-1681737151311.png

MilindG
12 - Quasar
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

I would take a look at this help documentation based on how you want to display it.

https://help.alteryx.com/20223/designer/datetime-functions#:~:text=Alteryx%20uses%20the%20ISO%20form....

But you can use a formula tool

DateTimeFormat([DateTime_Out],'%Y-%m')
AnanditaShankar
8 - Asteroid

@MilindG  Thanks so much. It works

Labels