Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Mapping of Default Tool ID and Annotated Name

tamluenwai
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I would like to know whether there is a way to map the default Tool ID and Annotated Name? In this case, the default Tool ID is "Tool(78)", and I have modified the name to "Hello World".

When I look at the log file, the log file will only shows the default Tool ID, which is Tool (78) instead of "Hello World".

But thats hard for me to trace the error, since the log file is not showing the name that I have annotated.Therefore, is there any methods that allow me to map the default Tool ID and my annotated name OR how the log file can show the annotated name instead of default Tool ID? 

11.png12.png

4 REPLIES 4
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

While this doesnt put the tool name in the log file, you can put the Tool ID on the canvas by enabling "Show w/Tool names" from the annotation drop down in the canvas settings.

image.pngimage.png

tamluenwai
7 - Meteor

@cjaneczko 

thanks for your reply, but I would like to know whether there is a way to show the annotated name in log file? Instead of the default Tool ID. 

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

There isn't. This was brought up as an Idea submission but it looks like it was never implemented. 

tamluenwai
7 - Meteor

@cjaneczko 
Gotcha, thank you 🙏🏻 

Labels