Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Macro updating multi-row-formula with Numeric Up down

sebastian123Han
7 - Meteor

Hey! I have a question regarding getting my multi-row formula to update in alteryx.

I have attached the macro I'm currently working on! As you can see in the end of the macro I'm trying to update the number of words chosen for the multi-row formula:

sebastian123Han_0-1634021862031.png

Where from the formula: if !isnull([Count]) then REGEX_Replace([Row-1:NewKPI], '(\w+)(\s|-).+', '$1') + " " + GetWord([Row-1:NewKPI], 2) + ' ' +[Field_To_Rename] else [Field_To_Rename] endif

It replaces the 2 in the GetWord.

This is working such that if I choose 1 it says "Revenue For Fisk". However, if I Choose 0 it returns "Revenue Revenue Fisk" or if I choose 2 it returns "Revenue Me Fisk".

Is there a way to make it update such that if I choose 0 it returns "Revenue Fisk", if I choose 1 it returns "Revenue For Fisk" or if I choose 2 it returns "Revenue For Me Fisk"?

Any help is appreciated! 

5 REPLIES 5
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @sebastian123Han 

You could try this... though there are probably more elegant ways.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @sebastian123Han 

Just seeking more clarification let's say the number selected is 2 would the output be something like below or something else?

Field_To_Rename RecordID Count NewKPI
Revenue For Me 1   Revenue For Me
FISK 2 2 Revenue For Me FISK
LASK 3 2 Revenue For Me LASK
TUN 4 2 Revenue For Me TUN
Cost For Me 5   Cost For Me
FISK 6 2 Cost For Me FISK
LASK 7 2 Cost For Me LASK
TUN 8 2 Cost For Me TUN
sebastian123Han
7 - Meteor

Hey!

Yeah I can see it is not really clear. This was the scenarios I was imagining 🙂

sebastian123Han_0-1634034294101.png

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

Here's an updated version that I think should do what you need

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @sebastian123Han 

Here is my take. You can convert the app to macro by changing input and browse to macro input and macro output.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1634037094262.png

Hope this helps : )

Labels