Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macro output does not show all result

daophuongtrinh
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I have built a macro to loop some xml files, the macro runs smoothly, but I was wondering why the output anchor of this macro does not show all results.

For example I input 4 xml files, when I click the output anchor of macro, it only show 1 record, like this:

daophuongtrinh_0-1603770228388.png

But if I drag Browse tool, the result will have 4 records:

daophuongtrinh_1-1603770292829.png

The question is why macro only shows 1 record? In case it only shows partial of result, the result should have been "1 records displayed (of 4 records)"?

Do you have any idea to explain this? Because I cannot be sure if I continue to work with the macro it will connect with all 4 records or only 1?

Here is my working attached below for your review.

Thank you very much.

4 REPLIES 4
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I've had the same experience.

But I didn't know exactly why it happens.

All I can say is that it works fine as a workflow, because you usually connect the tool behind the macro.

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@daophuongtrinh 
I think because either batch or iterative macro only output one result at each run, at the output some "container" is required to union the data, so at least a browse tool is necesary..

daophuongtrinh
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Qiu 

I'm not sure about the reason about macro only output 1 iteration each run, because I have an another workflow that does exactly the same purpose to my question, that is to loop xml files and return results, and it works perfectly :))

daophuongtrinh_0-1603773439261.png

I even copied the macro above to use in mine, but still the result only shows 1 record :))

daophuongtrinh
8 - Asteroid

Hi @AkimasaKajitani 

Yeah I tried to connect tools after the macro, it seems that the workflow still runs with 4 output results. I guess it still records all results.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels